4 April 2014

small boy plays taiko drum - Japan

#1

Shaking ground rumbles
a small boy stands proud and strong
boom! taiko drum roars

Small boy plays giant Taiko Drum at the Bentenjima Fireworks Festival, Japan


#2

She'd always wanted to learn the drums. At first her parents ignored her pleas, thinking that she'd soon move on to another hobby. She was a teenager back then you see. But after a year of arguments they'd finally relented and the beat had taken over her life. Now, twenty years later she stood in awe - watching the small boy play the giant Taiko Drum in perfect time. The rhythm reverberated through the ground and she felt her foot tapping along. How she loved Japan festivals.


#3

It was my first weekend in Japan.
My first Japanese festival.
My first time eating takoyaki.
My first time witnessing taiko drumming.
The fireworks were deafening.
The memory ever-lasting.

Thanks to Jane Heinrichs and her link-up One Picture, Three Stories that inspired this post.

15 comments:

  1. I LOVE how you've included poetry into your stories! Wonderful! Thanks so much for joining One Picture, Three Stories! X Jane http://janeheinrichs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane. I LOVE this link up, was so fun to write :)

      Delete
  2. Ah, wonderful photo and I have to agree about the poetry! Happy Friday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really moving and sounds like such a special experience to you...and the drum is magnificent!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lis-ita. Amazing isn't it!

      Delete
  4. sweet photo! delightful words to go with it.

    have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lissa. Glad you enjoyed both photo and words :)

      Delete
  5. such a cool idea for a post! that photo is precious, but the stories bring so much meaning to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have to say this is the most enjoyable 'link up' I've joined ever.

      Delete
  6. That boy looks so small compared to the drum - great shot! I love how there are three stories around the one picture. Thanks for linking up to the #SundayTraveler! Don't forget to link back to one of the cohosts or include our badge. Cheers & see you next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun, can't wait to see more from your visit! hanks for linking up at Let Your Light Shine Thursdays!

    I'm Perfectly Human - link up again this week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day. I'd love to hear your thoughts...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics