2 April 2014

pinterest and wedding planning

Pinterest is a 'godsend' when it comes to wedding planning. If you're engaged, or just dreaming about your big day and not using Pinterest - then I strongly recommend you drop everything this instant and check it out now.

Long gone are the days when a bride-to-be would spend lots of money on expensive wedding magazines - just to see the latest trends. Pinterest lets you search and filter for styles you actually like, and then (bonus) you can save all the lovely images you come across on your very own wedding pinboard.

But I'm sure you already know this. So today I'm going to share how Pinterest inspired my wedding...

1. my wedding flowers


I didn't know much about flowers when I started planning my wedding, but I did know what I liked the look of and spent many a happy hour gushing over other bride's bouquets...

Wedding flowers via weddingchicks.com
flowers I pinned via weddingchicks.com

Wedding flowers

2. our wedding cake


Pinterest was a lifesaver for wedding cake inspiration. Since I was planning our New Zealand wedding from the UK it was great to be able to send my lovely cake lady pictures of what I had in mind. Yum!

Wedding cake I pinned via southernweddings.com
cake I pinned via southernweddings.com

Our wedding cake

3. Japan inspired wedding origami


I fell in love with my husband while living in Japan, so it only felt right to have a Japanese theme at our wedding. It had to be subtle though, and not too over the top...

Wedding origami heart via marthastewartweddings.com
origami heart I pinned via marthastewartweddings.com

Wedding heart origami table place settings

4. rustic wedding signs


Okay, maybe this was over the top - but I had a lot of fun making these.

Rustic garden wedding sign via etsy
rustic garden wedding sign I pinned via etsy

Homemade wedding sign

5. my dress and accessories


Finding the 'perfect' dress is one of the most stressful and fun wedding planning activities. Pinterest helped me to define my style before hitting the shops.

Wedding headpiece I pinned via tessakim.com
wedding headpiece I pinned via tessakim.com

Wedding headband

For more wedding inspiration check out my two wedding pinterest boards:
  1. wedding dress styles I heart - inspiration for my dress, my bridesmaids, hair styles, jewellery.
  2. wedding inspiration - this was my main wedding board and changed over time - from very Japanese inspired ideas to outdoor ideas, small and large details, vow writing and finally some pins from my very own big day.
Enjoy!!

Thanks to Mel from The Nector Collective for this very fun 'when Pinterest comes to life' link up.

11 comments:

  1. Pinterest definitely inspired our flowers and cake, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pinterest was so helpful to me with planning our wedding as well, such a great ideas! I just love all of your wedding details. That cake is gorgeous! Saying hi from the link up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bailley, Hi back!! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. Since I'm in the midst of wedding planning this post is so relevant. Thanks for sharing - I love-love that cake. Mine is going to be VERY similar, just with fondant. Cute signs too, so craft! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree! Pinterest is good in that sense! The hairstyles look so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, you followed through with a lot of the pins you found! From the glimpses I've seen, it looks like you had a beautiful wedding! It's all about the extra touches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this makes me so jealous! Pinterest wasn't around yet when I got married. There are so many things I would like to do now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I like the things you've highlighted here! Very pretty! And I can only imagine the kind of pinterest addiction I will form if I plan a wedding... oh boy! :)

    -- Erika from America

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving a lot of these things! I especially love the Japanese origami!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My sister used Pinterest to plan / inspire her wedding. So many amazing images and ideas. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like th blog nice ides for free wedding planner iphone app to wedding vendors

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day. I'd love to hear your thoughts...

Web Analytics