So yesterday to lift my spirits I baked (yum), and had some friends over for afternoon tea. For me there's nothing like catching up with friends to start feeling human again.
Ta da: Crunchy Lemon Cake...
Even more exciting - this afternoon I am going to afternoon tea at Brown's Hotel in London with twenty-five other London bloggers! Wow - no doubt I'll have my blogging mojo back after tea, scones and some social time with some of my favourite London bloggers. Thanks to Kelly from Around the world in 80 pairs of shoes for organising.
Other things I do to keep my blogging motivation fuelled when life takes over:
- Head outdoors. There's nothing like a brisk walk or run(!) to get the heart pumping and endorphins flowing.
- Review my travel photos. I love looking back at all the places I've been. There's so many I haven't shared here yet.
- Read other peoples blogs. I started this blog because I was inspired by other blogs I was reading. All you guys out there are my inspiration.
- Check out my blogging notebook. It's full of lots of random ideas I've noted down over the years for blog posts.
- Realise life takes priority over blogging. There's no point in worrying if there's no action on the blog for week. I write here because I enjoy it, and I definitely don't want blogging to become a chore.
Hope you're all having a lovely weekend. Watch this space - lots of travel coming your way next week...